This Sunday, June 16th is Father’s Day!
Father’s Day is a day for celebrating and honoring fathers. It celebrates fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in our society and in our very own lives.
Of course, living in Prescott and it being summertime, there is ALWAYS something to do on the weekends, and this weekend is no exception.
The biggest event taking place this weekend is the Mile High Balloon Festival. Here are some ideas, including this event, as well as other things in Prescott, to do to celebrate Father’s Day this weekend.
Mile High Balloon Festival:
Occurring on Saturday June 15th from 7pm to 11pm and taking place at Mile High Middle School’s Field, this might be a perfect way to celebrate Father’s Day this weekend with your dads, grandpas, uncles, brothers, and any other father figures in your life. This is Yavapai County’s largest hot air balloon festival, holding many festivities to keep you active. This festival will have many things present, including, but not limited to:
- Distilleries, Wineries, and Breweries
- Hot air balloon rides and a Night Balloon Glow Festival
- Live Music
- Food Vendors
Admission into the festival costs $30 (and includes 10 sample tickets); non-drinker admission costs $10. Day of event admission will increase, so pre-purchase your tickets today here: Balloon Fest Pre-Sale Tickets.
Food Vendors include Momo Korean Food, Papa Nachos, The Cleveland Corned Beef
Safari Samosas, Gringo’s Taco Truck, JJ’s BBQ, and Peddler’s Coffee
Live Music will be performed by Salt of Earth.
There will be no smoking, no animals, no outside food/drinks, and no canopies allowed. Wristbands will be non-transferable, and the event will take place rain or shine with no refunds.
It is encouraged that you bring blankets to sit on the lawn and enjoy the festival.
Other Great Father’s Day Ideas:
- Get Outdoors: This weekend, the weather will have a high of 87 degrees and a low of 57 degrees. It will be sunny with some clouds and the perfect weather to get outdoors and enjoy our beautiful town for Father’s Day. Go for a hike, rent some kayaks at Watson Lake, walk around downtown… the possibilities are endless, and this is a great option for those dads who love the outdoors.
- Go out for a meal: If you live in Prescott, you know there are plenty of places to dine and celebrate Father’s Day this way if you so choose. The Park Plaza Liquor and Deli, Bill’s Pizza, Bill’s Grill, Casa Alvarez, The Prescott Brewing Company, Gurley Street Grill, Murphey’s, Texas Roadhouse, and so many more! You will have no problem finding some good grub to eat as you sit around a table and celebrate the dads in your life.
- See a movie: This weekend, the Picture Show at Frontier Village has plenty of family friendly, or action-packed movies for you to see. Options include Aladdin, Dark Phoenix (an X-Men film), Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Men in Black: International, Rocketman, Shaft, and The Secret Life of Pets 2.
- Take a day trip: One of the great things about living in Prescott is how close we are to everything! Phoenix is only an hour and a half away, and the same goes for Flagstaff if you’re looking for a cooler escape. Phoenix offers more things to do and places to eat if you can brave the 100+ temperatures they’ll have this weekend. Flagstaff will give a breath of fresh air and offers great outdoor activities as well as restaurants. There are also fun recreational places to visit such as Slide Rock in Sedona and Lake Pleasant in Phoenix if you’re looking for a fun day trip for the family.
These are just a few ideas of how you could celebrate Father’s Day this weekend. We hope you find something fun to do in order to celebrate your dads, and to all you dads out there we say, HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!