|Why Prescott Is Becoming One Of
America’s Most Sought After Locations
Those of us fortunate enough to live here already know just what Prescott has to offer, but it appears that these qualities are increasingly being recognized on a national scale.
A very recent article by USA Today looks at America’s most desirable locations for both career opportunities and retirement. Prescott was listed at #21 in the entire nation! See their input below:
• Population change due to migration, 2010-2019: +15.8% (+33,299)
• Overall population change, 2010-2019: +11.4% (+24,082)
• Change in employed population, 2010-2019: +18.5% (+15,914)
• 2019 population estimate: 235,099
From 2010 to 2019, over 33,000 more people moved to Prescott, Arizona than moved away from it – a 15.8% increase over the 2010 population. The Central Arizona area appears to be a popular place for seniors to relocate, as 31.7% of the population is age 65 or older – the eighth highest percentage in the country.
Like many other communities with a large number of senior residents, there were far more deaths in Prescott than births, which offset some of the population increases from migration. The community recorded 17,021 births compared with 26,532 deaths. This 4.5% natural decline in population was one of the largest in the country.”
Of course there are so many compelling reasons for living here, including:
- Nearly 300 days of sunshine every year.
- Our beautiful mountain setting and proximity to ski resorts.
- An average daytime temperature of 70 degrees, with no extreme cold or heat.
- Low annual precipitation, between 14 and 16 inches.
- No hurricanes, earthquakes or tornadoes.
- Thriving communities and so many activities to choose from.
Like many South Western locations, we’ve also seen a very steady stream of newcomers settling here after cashing out of their lucrative California properties.
All this is continually creating fantastic opportunities for home sellers in the area, with Prescott very much in-demand as a desirable place to live.
It also helps to explain why we have continued to see tremendous activity in real estate in recent months (see stats below for more evidence).
With all-time low mortgage rates further fueling excellent buyer sentiment, it really is a great time to sell. Why not contact us at the Hyland/Schneider Team at 928-445-2100 and find out more about the superb opportunities for you right now.